This Keto Broccoli Casserole with Bacon is easy to make and full of vegetables.
Eating low carb doesn’t have to be hard when you have recipes like this one.
I was blown away at how tasty and easy this broccoli casserole was to make.
Using simple ingredients you probably have right in your fridge, it comes together in no time.
Keto Broccoli Casserole with Bacon
I made this in a ceramic dish but you could put it in something similar or easily split it into individual ramekins.
It’s very easy to change or adjust the size to fit your family’s needs.
I love the simplicity of this dish.
First, you need to chop and blanch your broccoli so it is semi-cooked.
If you have frozen broccoli you don’t need to use this step. It’s best to unthaw the frozen broccoli and drain some of the extra liquid first.
Next, simply dump the remaining ingredients except for half a cup of shredded cheese, into a large bowl and mix.
This will be your cheese “sauce” for the casserole.
Finally, spread the cheese mixture over the broccoli and mix around the best you can.
I used a rubber spatula to spread the cheese over top of the broccoli. It doesn’t have to be perfect because it will melt around the broccoli.
Spread some extra shredded cheese over the top if you wish and bake the casserole at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
We love to pair this side dish with our favorite Cast Iron Chicken Thighs for a perfect keto meal.
Your family will love this Keto Broccoli Casserole with Bacon. It’s the perfect low carb side dish or even a main dish if you add a bit of chicken.
- 6 cups broccoli or enough chopped broccoli to fill your dish
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon crisp pieces or bacon bits
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Wash and chop broccoli into bite-size pieces
- Blanch in boiling water for 3-4 minutes
- Drain and dry out broccoli with a paper towel
- Place broccoli in a baking dish
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, salt, and pepper together in a bowl
- Spread cheese mixture over broccoli in the dish
- Top with half a cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 20-30 minutes on 350 until lightly browned
You could easily add some shredded chicken to this dish and make it a full meal.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 539mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 14g