Hi, I ‘m Abbey!
AND THE HEALTHY CONSULTANT IS MY PLACE TO BRING YOU SIMPLE, HEALTHY RECIPES, ALONG WITH FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE INSPIRATION.
ABOUT THE BLOG
At The Healthy Consultant, I share simple, healthy recipes, all from nutrient- dense whole foods. Paleo friendly, Whole30, Keto, Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, and soy-free recipes, many of which only take 30 minutes or less to make.
I prioritize simple and fresh ingredients that you will likely have in your home already. I am an ingredient stickler, so none of my recipes will contain unhealthy ingredients.
I will also be sharing practical lifestyle and fitness information.
My goal with this blog is to help you skip over the BS and confusion of health and wellness; and provide you with nutritious whole-food based recipes, and sustainable lifestyle practices.
MY HEALTH JOURNEY
I have been on a long health journey myself, which has inspired me to help others live a simpler, healthier life.
Restrictive eating, exercise obsession, binge eating, acne, weight gain, hormone and gut dysfunction, intense stress and grief; I’ve been through it all.
Read my full health journey here and please don’t hesitate to connect with me if you relate! I love connecting with my readers.
MORE ABOUT ME
I am a 26-year-old girl from the Midwest. I live in Jefferson City, Missouri with my fiancé Kyle and my two dogs Champ and Max.
I am a certified Functional Health Coach from the Kresser Institute. This program truly changed my life and has taught me how to empower people to make positive diet and lifestyle changes.
I truly believe we have the power to adopt healthier habits just by changing our behavior and environment!
If you aren’t familiar with functional/integrative medicine, I highly recommend checking out Chris Kresser. He has so many free resources on his website to assist you with your health issues.
I am a recipe developer. Although I am still in the beginning stages of being a recipe developer/food blogger, I am loving developing healthy, easy recipes for your busy lifestyle. I’m passionate about showing people that healthy food can actually taste good!
I am a certified personal trainer through NASM, and have been training myself for 6 years now. At one point I also taught group classes, but found I enjoy training people 1:1 a lot more. Fitness has been a huge part of my life, teaching me discipline, patience, and grit. Those things have bled into other parts of my life to help me become a better human being in my relationships, business, and environment.
10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I am obsessed with my houseplants, but I also get really upset when one dies. Currently, I would say I have about 50+ and the addiction doesn’t stop!
- I have a passion for lifting heavy weights and getting stronger. Note: if you are a woman reading this, you will not get bulky from lifting weights.
- I feel best when I’m in nature. I enjoy hiking, kayaking, swimming, and my daily activity walking.
- I graduated from college with a Bachelors in Early Childhood Education Birth-6th grade. I still love kids, but my passion and purpose has changed to helping people form better habits and live a healthier lifestyle.
- I’m into hardcore hip hop, rap, and trap music. My favorite artist right now is Meek Mill, and I also love Drake (obvi-who doesn’t!) and Rick Ross.
- My fiancé Kyle is an Attorney. He graduated from law school and passed the bar in 2019. He currently is an assistant prosecutor and owns his own law practice on the side. Kyle is definitely meant to be a lawyer (because he loves to argue, and always has to be right), just kidding! Kind of 🤪
- Before making a jump to run my blog full time, I owned an Etsy shop selling wedding and bachelorette apparel. My shop was in the top 1% of sellers. This was a huge accomplishment for me as I created my business from scratch, and it gave me the confidence that I needed to run my own business no matter the setbacks. I ran my shop for 3 years. I started it when my fiancé was in law school as a hobby to make some extra money. It quickly turned into my full time job, and most of the time, overtime. I was able to support us through 3 years of school, buy a new car, buy a house, etc. I am so thankful for Etsy, but ultimately glad I was able to part ways and pursue my passion for helping people live happier and healthier lives.
- Salty VS. Sweet foods: I am a sweet person all the way! I never crave salty foods and could honestly live without them!
- My home decor style is mid-century modern, Scandinavian, and Bohemian, and global. Interior design is another one of my passions, and I’m constantly trying to make our home reflect our personality and style.
- I love podcasts. I mostly listen to fitness, health, and business podcasts. Usually 3 or more per day. At one point I was so addicted I was listening to 5+ a day, then I got burnt out and took a break. The cycle repeats quite frequently.
Tell me about you!
I want to hear your story. Say hi, below!