Hi, I ‘m Abbey!
AND THE HEALTHY CONSULTANT IS MY PLACE TO BRING YOU SIMPLE, HEALTHY RECIPES, ALONG WITH FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE INSPIRATION.
ABOUT THE BLOG
At The Healthy Consultant, I share simple, healthy recipes, all from nutrient- dense whole foods. Paleo friendly, Whole30, Keto, Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, and soy-free recipes, many of which only take 30 minutes or less to make.
I prioritize simple and fresh ingredients that you will likely have in your home already. I am an ingredient stickler, so none of my recipes will contain unhealthy ingredients.
I will also be sharing practical lifestyle and fitness information.
My goal with this blog is to help you skip over the BS and confusion of health and wellness; and provide you with nutritious whole-food based recipes, and sustainable lifestyle practices.
MY HEALTH JOURNEY
I have been on a long health journey myself, which has inspired me to help others live a simpler, healthier life.
Restrictive eating, exercise obsession, binge eating, acne, weight gain, hormone and gut dysfunction, intense stress and grief; I’ve been through it all.
Read my full health journey here.
MORE ABOUT ME
I am a 25-year-old girl from the Midwest. I live at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri (you know the Netflix series “Ozark”?) Yah. I live there, with my fiance Kyle, and dog Champ.
I am a certified Functional Health Coach from the Kresser Institute. This program truly changed my life and has taught me how to empower people to make positive diet and lifestyle changes.
I truly believe we have the power to adopt healthier habits just by changing our behavior and environment!
If you aren’t familiar with functional/integrative medicine, I highly recommend checking out Chris Kresser. He has so many free resources on his website to assist you with your health issues.
I am a recipe developer. Although I am still in the beginning stages of being a recipe developer/food blogger, I am loving developing healthy, easy recipes for your busy lifestyle.
I am a certified personal trainer through NASM. I live and breathe fitness, and hope to one day have workout and mobility programs on The Healthy Consultant.
15 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. I walk my dog, Champ, a minimum of 3 times per day on our hilly roads. We put in those miles.
2. I enjoy developing delicious new recipes (even if I have to recipe test 6 or more times!)
3. I feel best when I’m in nature. I enjoy hiking, kayaking, swimming, and hoping to eventually add surfing.
4. I am obsessed with my house plants, but I also get really upset when one dies.
5. I have a passion for lifting heavy weights and getting stronger. (No you will not get bulky.)
6. I graduated college with a Bachelors in Early Childhood Education Birth-6th grade. I still love kids, but I know that entrepreneurship is the right thing for me.
7. Reality TV is my favorite: Bachelor/ Bachelorette series #Bachelornation. I also love Vanderpump Rules.
8. Hip hop, rap, and trap music is my jam!
9. I own an Etsy shop selling wedding and bachelorette apparel. My shop is in the top 1% of sellers. This is a huge accomplishment for me as I created my business from scratch. I have been running my shop now for 2 1/2 years. I started it when my fiance was in law school as a hobby to make some extra money. It quickly turned into my full time job, and a lot of times overtime. I was able to support us through 3 years of school, buy a new car, buy a house, etc. I am so thankful for Etsy, but it is time to part ways and do what I’m passionate about…which is my blog!
10. I love wearing comfy clothes, especially sweatshirts and sweatpants. #lounge
11. I rarely eat sweets even those with natural ingredients. The sugar makes me feel awful.
12. I never drink a full cup of coffee (this has become a habit where I take a few sips, leave it sit, forget about it…then I reheat it, and forget about it once again. )
13. I love podcasts. I mostly listen to fitness, health, and business podcasts. Usually 3 or more per day. At one point I was so addicted I was listening to 5+ a day. Then I got burnt out and took a break.
14. My fiance is an Attorney. He graduated law school and passed the bar in 2019. I’m so proud of him!
15. My home decor style is mid-century modern, Scandinavian, and bohemian, and global.
Tell me about you!
I want to hear your story. Say hi, below!