Thrive Market is a popular online retailer that offers a wide range of natural and organic products at discounted prices. The company was founded in 2014 with the goal of making healthy living more accessible and affordable for everyone. Here is my Thrive Market review after having used them as my main online grocer for more than 3 years now!
Get up to $60 in shopping credit when you purchase a Thrive Market Membership and make an initial order of 25$+!
What is Thrive Market?
Thrive Market is a membership-based online grocery retailer that specializes in healthy foods that are competitively priced. They sell everything you would buy at your local grocery store including food, meat and seafood, vitamins and supplements, health and beauty, pet food and supplies, and more. Thrive Market also has a large selection of diet-specific items for folks following Paleo, Keto, or Whole30.
Is Thrive Market Worth the Price?
Absolutely. Thrive market charges an annual fee of $59.95 or roughly $5 per month. Their prices are fantastic and you will save enough to justify the annual fee for your first or second order. Plus with free shipping on orders above 49$, you can save up to $6.68 in fuel costs monthly if you make orders big enough to save you the grocery store trips.
And actually, Thrive Market has a cool feature where they show you how much you’ve saved over the year by shopping with them.
Is Thrive Market Really Cheaper?
On a small sample of products we buy regularly, we found Thrive Market to be 5~20% cheaper on average than local grocery stores. Let’s compare some of my favorite products that I buy at Thrive Market compared to my local Hyvee store retail prices:
- Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil: $9.99 at Hyvee vs. $7.49 at Thrive Market
- Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips Sea Salt: $3.99 (on sale) at Hyvee vs. $4.49 at Thrive Market
- Coconut Secret The Original Coconut Aminos Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce: $7.49 at Hyvee vs. $4.99 at Thrive Market
- Almond Flour (16oz): $7.99 at Hyvee (Full Circle Store Brand) vs. $7.99 at Thrive Market
- Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel, Chocolate Coconut: $34.99 at Hyvee vs. $30.99 at Thrive Market
On top of this quick benchmark, Thrive Market offers a “Price Guarantee” which means that if you find a lower price on an identical product at another retailer, Thrive Market will match the price in the form of a store credit. It applies to physical and online retailers alike! To request a price match, you will need to contact Thrive Market customer service and provide them with the details of the lower price found (conditions apply).
How Much Does Thrive Market Cost a Month?
The cost of a Thrive Market membership is $9.95 per month or $59.95 per year, which works out to be about $5 per month. With a subscription, you will have access to exclusive discounts, free samples, and promotions on a wide variety of products, as well as free shipping on orders over $49.
Why You’ll Love Thrive Market:
You will love Thrive Market if you live in an area, like me, where it is difficult to find healthy food items. Or, if you’re a busy person that struggles to find time to search the grocery store. Thrive market provides and easy-to-use website in which you can purchase everything you need from the comfort of your home or office.
How Does Thrive Market Work?
Thrive Market, as I’ve mentioned before, is an online grocery store. That means you fill up a cart on Thrivemarket.com, place your order, and the boxes show up at your door in just a few days. Like Amazon with their “Amazon basics”, they have their own line of >600 products branded “Thrive Market Goods” across most of their categories.
MY TIPS FOR GROCERY SHOPPING AT THRIVE MARKET
- Take your time. Thrive Market differs from Amazon in that you typically won’t order just one or two items, but rather will fill up a cart and place a larger order at once. Therefore, I recommend placing your order over the course of a couple of days so you can add items as you realize you’re out of them or develop a craving.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Thrive Market carries a lot of items and Thrive Market brand items that you will not find in your local grocery store.
My Favorite Thrive Market Products
Healthy Pet Products
These pet products have been tested by the Clean Label Project. You want to choose pet products that are screened for toxins like heavy metals, BPA, pesticides, and other contaminants with links to cancer and other health conditions. Do you know what’s in your pet’s food?
My two dogs Champ and Max love these pet products from Thrive Market!
DRY DOG FOOD
- I and Love and You Naked Essentials Chicken & Duck Dog Kibble
- I and Love and You Grain Free Naked Essentials with Lamb + Bison Dry Dog Food
- I and Love and You Ultimate Dog Chews Free Ranger Beef Bully Stix Dog Treats
- I and Love and You Nice Jerky Bites Chicken and Duck Recipe Dog Treats
- I and Love and You Ultimate Dog Chews Good Golly Gullet Dog Treats
- Buckley Pet Chicken Trainers
Healthy Pantry Staples
CONDIMENTS & SAUCES
- Coconut Secret Organic Coconut Aminos – a much healthier alternative to soy sauce!
- Organic Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce – made with organic high-quality ingredients, without the added sugar
- Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- Organic Dijon Mustard – no artificial preservatives, and made with just 6 ingredients
- Organic Stone Ground Mustard
- Siete Traditional Hot Sauce – free of grains, gluten, dairy, and soy!
- Thrive Market Organic Salsa, Mild –
GHEE, OILS & VINEGARS
- Thrive Market Organic Ghee
- Thrive Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Thrive Market Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Value Size –
- Fatworks Foods Beef Tallow – made with grass-fed cows, and love how this oil is reusable so you can fry with it many times!
- Napa Valley Naturals Balsamic Vinegar
- Napa Valley White Wine Vinegar
- Napa Valley Red Wine Vinegar
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – my favorite apple cider vinegar. Raw, unfiltered, and with the mother.
My must-have baking essentials:
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Almond Flour – great grain-free alternative to wheat flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch/Flour – a great gluten-free thickening agent for liquids or baked goods.
- Shredded Coconut
- Tapioca Flour – great alternative to corn starch.
- Cassava Flour – another grain-free alternative to wheat or white flour from the cassava plant
- Coconut Flour – low carb, loaded with fiber and gluten free flour. Great for baking!
- Organic Vanilla Extract – high quality vanilla extract and ethically sourced
- Organic Coconut Cream
- Organic Coconut Milk – love using coconut milk for a non-dairy alternative
- Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- Pascha Organic 85% Bitter Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips – I’m obsessed with these chocolate chips! They are high quality and free of peanuts, nuts, dairy, soy, eggs, wheat and gluten. Perfect for those with food allergies and are delicious!
- Navitas Organics Cacao Sweet Nibs – the best superfood I throw in my smoothies!
- Organic Cacao Powder – love adding cacao powder to smoothies or baked goods!
- Organic Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
HONEY & SWEETENERS
- Organic Raw Unstrained Honey – I usually buy local honey, but if that’s not available I will get this jar.
- Organic Maple Syrup Grade A, Jug, Value Size – I use maple syrup all the time as a natural sweetener for baking
- Organic Coconut Sugar – a great brown sugar alternative I use for baked goods
CANNED & PACKAGED FOOD
- Wild Planet Wild Pink Salmon – sustainably caught salmon that’s convenient for a quick lunch!
- Organic Pumpkin – a must for all your fall baking!
- Native Forest Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- Lundberg Organic California White Jasmine Rice
- Lundberg Organic California White Basmati Rice
- Siete Grain Free Taco Shells – made with cassava flour and avocado oil, these are a healthier alternative to traditional taco shells. You won’t taste the difference!
- Mild Green Chiles – a must for soups, casseroles, or mexican recipes.
- Diced Tomatoes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce – organic and sustainably farmed
- Eating Evolved Caramel & Sea Salt Coconut Butter Cups
- Hu Cashew Butter & Pure Vanilla Bean Chocolate Bar
- Hu Salty Dark Chocolate Bar
BROTHS & STOCKS
- Organic Chicken Bone Broth – I add bone broth to soups, instant pot meals. I also will sip it for some extra protein or to soothe my gut.
- Bare Bones Beef Bone Broth – made with grass-fed and humanely raised beef and organic vegetables and herbs.
RAW NUTS & SEEDS
- Thrive Market Organic Nuts: cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, pistachios
- Go Raw Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Thrive Market Organic Sunflower Seeds
- Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds: rich in vitamins and nutrients, and deliver a boost of fiber, protein, and omega-3s. Love putting chia seeds in my smoothies.
- Santa Cruz Organic Creamy Peanut Butter- Dark Roasted – just ground up peanuts without added palm oils!
- Artisana Organics Organic Raw Vegan Cashew Butter – made from 100 percent raw nuts that are locally sourced with no artificial ingredients. Love eating a spoonful for a snack or with baked goods.
- Raw Almond Butter
- Raw Coconut Butter
- Raw Tahini
JERKY AND MEAT SNACKS
- CHOMPS Original Grass-Fed Beef Snack Sticks – a great high protein snack
- Mission Meats Original Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
- Epic Sriracha Chicken Bars or other Epic bars
- Siete Sea Salt Grain Free Tortilla Chips – made with cassava flour and avocado oil, these chips are grain-free and made without corn, gluten, dairy, or soy. Much healthier than regular tortilla chips!
- SeaSnax Organic Roasted Original Seaweed Snack, 6-pack – love snacking on these low calorie superfoods with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein and iron.
- Lesser Evil Organic Popcorn – made with coconut and avocado oil, this popcorn is much healthier than conventional popcorn brands.
- Traditional Medicinals Peppermint Tea
- Organic India Organic Tulsi Turmeric Ginger Tea
- Traditional Medicinals Echinacea Plus Elderberry Herbal Tea
- Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat Herbal Tea
- Thrive Market Fair Trade Organic Chai Tea
- Traditional Medicinals Roasted Dandelion Root Tea
- Organic India Organic Tulsi Sleep Tea
- Organic Breakfast Blend Coffee, Whole Bean
- Almond Milk
All Things Primal Kitchen
- Primal Kitchen Collagen (chocolate coconut)- One of my favorite Primal Kitchen products! It taste great mixed into my coffee every morning, and has clean ingredients.
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil – love using this avocado oil when cooking with high heat, plus it’s full of good for you monounsaturated fats!
- Organic Spicy Brown Mustard – mustard with only 4 ingredients that taste delicious!
- Organic Unsweetened Ketchup – obsessed with this ketchup with only 1 gram of sugar per 1 tablespoon. It’s so good you won’t even know the added sugar is missing.
- Avocado Oil Mayo – made with real food ingredients and is free of added sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and canola-oil. Plus, it taste delicious!
- Salad Dressing/Vinaigrette – My favorites are honey mustard, balsamic, lemon turmeric, green goddess, Caesar, Greek, and ranch. So basically, all of them.
- Classic BBQ Sauce (also love the Golden BBQ Sauce) – My favorite BBQ sauce without all the added sugars! Only 2 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoon compared to 9 grams per 1 tablespoon in Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Organic Spices, Seasoning & Salt
You can get all organic spices, and seasonings for so much cheaper at Thrive. If you are new to Thrive Market spices, start out with their Organic Spices Kit.
I keep labeled spice jars in my pantry, and when they run out I refill them with the spice pouches. This handy dandy tool is really helpful when refilling spice jars.
- Must have spices/seasonings: Ground Cumin, Ground Nutmeg, Thyme, Chili Powder, Bay Leaves, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Ground Ginger, Ground Cloves, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cinnamon, Basil, Turmeric Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Italian Seasoning, Crushed Red Pepper, Fennel Seeds, Ground Coriander, Rubbed Sage, Cinnamon Sticks, Tarragon, Yellow Mustard Seed Powder, Whole Rosemary, Parsley, Sesame Seeds.
- Redmond Real Salt, Sea Salt – full of trace minerals and is a highest quality of sea salt I’ve came across.
- Celtic Sea Salt – another favorite sea salt that’s unprocessed and supplies the body with 80 vital trace minerals and elements.
Vitamins & Supplements
- Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel, Chocolate Coconut – my FAVORITE kind of collagen free of dairy, soy, sugar, and whey.
- Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen – my favorite unflavored collagen. Grass-fed and pasture-raised!
- Gaja Herbs Elderberry Syrup – a must for cold and flu season! No artificial flavors or colors, and no preservatives or high fructose corn syrup like many store brands.
- Boiron Oscillococcinum® Flu Remedy – another must-have for cold and flu season. A more natural way to temporarily relieve flu-like symptoms: body aches, headache, fever, chills, and fatigue.
- Gaja Herbs Golden Milk – I started drinking golden milk to help balance my hormones and relax. I stir it into a warm cup of almond milk.
- BeeKeeper’s Naturals Propolis Throat Spray – anytime I feel a sore throat, or cold coming on I use my propolis throat spray. Propolis is a powerful superfood that prevents and fights off colds and flu when your body is under stress. It’s also an anti-inflammatory, and great for those who travel often, or train hard in the gym.
- Gaja Herbs Oil of Oregano – I take this when I feel a cold or flu coming on. Oil of oregano contains properties that are antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral.
- Gaja Herbs Turmeric – helps to reduce inflammation and pain. I take turmeric if I have a headache or muscle soreness.
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Tint Multi-Action Moisturizer with SPF 30 #3, Medium – this is the best clean foundation I have came across. I’m obsessed. The coverage is great and it has a beautiful finish.
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer #2, Light – the perfect coverage concealer to match my foundation. This has amazing coverage and is crease free.
- Cocokind Organic Facial Cleansing Oil – I’m new to the oil cleansing world, but already obsessed over this oil. It clears all the makeup off my skin, and hydrates more than a moisturizer.
- ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub – I use this scrub a few times a week to remove dead skin cells, and brighten up my skin. And, it won’t leave your skin super dry!
Bath & Body
- Tongue Scraper – I use this tongue scraper every morning before brushing my teeth to remove bad bacteria.
- Primal Pit Paste Natural Deodorant – all natural deodorant that works! Contains no aluminum, parabens, toxic chemicals, or fragrance.
- Dr. Bronner’s Toothpaste – absent of synthetic agents, fluoride, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and sweeteners
No, Thrive Market is not owned by Amazon. Thrive Market is an independent company that was founded in 2014. Thrive Market is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and operates as a stand-alone business, separate from Amazon and any other companies.
No, it’s not possible to buy anything on Thrive Market without a paid membership (there is no free membership), nor to access all their prices. There is no free trial membership either. Thrive Market is an annual membership fee model, similar to Costco. If you are unhappy with the service, they give a 30-day window for their annual plan during which you can request a refund, no strings attached.
Yes, you can cancel your Thrive Market membership anytime and without any leaving fee by contacting their member services on your account page.
No, Thrive Market aims at replacing your local food store with a more diverse range of products. But you still need to go to your local grocer for fresh produce, dairy, and eggs.
Thrive Market offers free “Thrive Gives” memberships to veterans, teachers, students, nurses, first responders, and low-income families in financial need. You can check if you qualify and apply here: https://thrivemarket.com/thrive-gives
Frozen orders are shipped separately from the pantry, and they are packed together with sufficient dry ice to keep them cold for several days of shipping. They come via two days delivery after they have left the warehouse.
Hope you found this Thrive Market review helpful in making your own opinion!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!