These spicy chicken zucchini poppers are out of this world flavorful and delicious! They are Paleo, Whole30, and Keto and take just 20 minutes to make. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or for meal prep.
- Shred the zucchini. Trim the ends from both sides of the zucchini and grate on the smallest side of the box grater. Using your hands, squeeze grated zucchini over a bowl to remove excess moisture (you can also use a french press).
- Form the poppers. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, shredded zucchini, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until evenly combined. Form 12-14 poppers with your hands (the mixture will be sticky, keep your hands wet with water or olive oil to prevent the mixture from sticking).
- Cook the poppers. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add coconut oil. Place the poppers in the skillet (you may have to work in batches) and cook them for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until poppers read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve. Transfer cooked poppers to a plate and serve with avocado ranch dipping sauce.
- Don’t skip the step of squeezing out the water from the zucchini, otherwise the poppers will be soggy.
- If you don’t want to pan fry the poppers the whole time, I recommend browning them on each side for 2-3 minutes, and finishing the poppers in the oven until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a digital thermometer if you are unsure if the poppers are done cooking. They are done cooking when they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- These chicken zucchini poppers are a very mild spice to them. If you want to add more spiciness, add 1/2 -1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. You can also add hot sauce to the meat mixture before cooking the poppers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 popper
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 197.7 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 23.6 mg
Keywords: zucchini chicken poppers, chicken poppers, paleo, whole30