This healthy breakfast hash is an easy recipe that’s low carb, Paleo, Keto, and Whole30. The baked runny eggs on top of salty bacon and crunchy shredded sprouts is a delicious healthy big breakfast you can make in just 20 minutes!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 pound pasture-raised bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4–6 pasture-raised eggs
- parlsey, to garnish
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shred Brussels sprouts using a food processor. Use shred setting and pulse until all sprouts are shredded. You may have to work in batches. Set aside.
- Chop bacon into 1-inch pieces. In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and transfer to a paper towel-covered plate. In the same skillet, use the bacon grease to sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Slightly reduce heat. Add shredded Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until they begin to soften, stirring frequently.
- Using a spoon, make 4 to 6 wells in the hash to reveal bottom of the skillet. Crack an egg into each hole and bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny. Eggs will be a little bit jiggly when they come out of the oven and will finish cooking after taken out of the oven. Serve warm and garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Store in a glass container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- To reheat, warm in the microwave or in an oiled skillet
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole30 breakfast hash, paleo breakfast hash, brussels sprouts hash, hashed brussels sprouts, brussels sprout hash, brussel sprouts hash, brussels sprouts breakfast, brussels sprouts and bacon