This Spicy Cucumber Salad recipe is perfect to serve up to your friends and family at your next back yard summer BBQ. It is light and fresh and super healthy and the cucumber spirals even make salad fun for the kids! This salad is Whole-30, Gluten and Dairy Free and can even be made Paleo compatible if you remove the sugar snap peas. For this recipe we prefer the sweet crunch of the peas and will make an exception to the rule! Our cucumber salad mixes fun spiralized cucumber with garden-fresh peppers, tomatoes, and sugar snap peas in a chilled light, sweet and spicy vinegar dressing.
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized, or sliced and quartered
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded and diced (or Serrano peppers)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced almonds to garnish
1. Combine dressing ingredients ( Olive oil, white vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard) in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper as required.
2. Wash and prepare the vegetables. Spiralize the cucumber using a spiralizer. Or if you do not have a spiralizer you can simply slice and quarter them. De-seed the jalapenos and bell pepper and slice and clean and slice the sugar snap pees.
3. Add the chopped cucumber, jalapenos, peppers and sugar snap peas to a large serving bowl and pour over the salad dressing. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute the dressing throughout the salad.
4. Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced almonds.
5. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to be served.
Do not add dressing until ready to serve the salad, 5 minutes prior is ok, if you add it too early the acid in the dressing will start to “cook” the cucumber.
Try adding some halved cherry tomatoes, diced red onions or diced avocado for a tasty variation!
Remove jalapenos to a separate bowl and leave as an “option” if serving the salad to children or people who do not like spicy food.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Salad
Keywords: Whole30 Cucumber Salad, spicy cucumber salad, dairy free cucumber salad, gluten free cucumber salad