If you’re in the mood for Mexican food, this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe will satisfy your craving. Made with healthy ingredients including: chicken breast, bell peppers, and onions covered in tasty homemade fajita seasoning. Paleo, Keto, low carb, and Whole30 too!
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the fajitas:
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2” strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2” strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2” strips
- 1 medium red onion halved and sliced into 1/4” strips
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Garnish with: cilantro, avocado, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place sliced bell peppers, onions, and chicken breast onto a sheet pan. Drizzle oil over the fajita mixture and toss. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture. Toss fajitas with tongs or your hands to evenly distribute seasoning. Sprinkle the other half of seasoning onto sheet pan and toss once more.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Top fajitas with lime and lemon juice, and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve while warm.
Serve with: guacamole, pico de gallo, grain-free tortillas, mixed greens, white rice, cauliflower rice, salsa, or other grilled vegetables.
Reheat: Place fajita’s in a skillet on the stove to warm up before eating. Microwaving will work as well.
Meal prep: these chicken fajitas in an air-tight glass container for up to 5 days. Prep them with mixed greens to make a fajita salad, or white rice to make a fajita bowl, etc.
Don’t overcook the chicken: Watch your oven time to make sure you don’t overcook the chicken. Chicken should be golden brown and at 165 degrees Fahrenheit when fully cooked.
Prep ahead of time: cut all vegetables and chicken. Place in a air-tight glass container or ziplock bag and place in the fridge for up to 1 day. When you are ready to bake the fajitas, place them on the sheet pan and toss with oil and fajita seasoning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: sheet pan chicken fajitas, healthy chicken fajitas