These Pumpkin Protein Muffins are easy to make, moist and fluffy, and a delicious protein packed treat. Whip them up in your blender in just 5 minutes! Gluten-free and dairy free too!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats, (I use Gluten Free Sprouted Rolled Oats by One Degree Organics)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder, packed (50g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (100% Pure Pumpkin), (not pie filling)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, (for dairy free I use Pascha Organic Dark Chocolate Chips 85% Cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tin with oil or insert silicone muffin liners into 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients, but the chocolate chips, in a blender: rolled oats, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, pumpkin spice seasoning, pumpkin purée, eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Blend on high speed until the oats have broken down, stopping to scrape the insides of the blender when needed. Once blended, stir in the chocolate chips or desired mix-ins.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips or toppings if desired. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix-ins: Other mix-in ideas are chopped walnuts, pecans, or raisins.
- Storing – store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or at room temperature on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Reheating – Warm the muffins in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the muffins on a baking sheet and reheat for 5-10 minutes.
- Freezing – Let the muffins cool before adding them to a zip lock bag, Stasher bag, or freezer safe container. No need to defrost the muffins before eating them again. Take as many as you want out of the freezer and heat them for 15-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free pumpkin muffins, gluten free protein muffins, protein powder muffins