This Paleo Pumpkin Bread is incredibly moist with a chocolate chip surprise in each bite. Made with almond flour, pumpkin purée, and delicious fall spices, it’s hard to eat just one slice! It’s easy to make and gluten-free & dairy free too!
- 2 cups almond flour (224g), I use Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (100% Pure Pumpkin), not pie filling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (for dairy free I use Pascha Organic Dark Chocolate Chips 85% Cacao)
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and dark chocolate chips. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until the flour disappears.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if desired. Place the bread onto the center rack of your oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove the loaf pan from the oven and let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing. If you used parchment paper, lift the bread out of the loaf pan and set it on a cooling wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure to buy super-fine blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
- Control the sugar content of this bread by adding more or less maple syrup, and chocolate chips.
- Storing – store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or at room temperature on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Reheating – Warm the muffins in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the muffins on a baking sheet and reheat for 5-10 minutes.
- Freezing – Let the loaf cool before wrapping in foil and adding to a zip lock bag, Stasher bag, or freezer safe container. No need to defrost the loaf before eating again. Take slices out of the freezer as desired and heat them for 15-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond flour pumpkin bread, gluten free pumpkin bread