This Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread is easy to make, super moist, and made with healthy ingredients. It’s loaded with rich, chocolatey flavor, you won’t be able to get enough of! Gluten free, dairy free, and kid approved too!
- 3 overripe small bananas, or 2 overripe large bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, (dairy free for Paleo)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until no big chunks are left. Add the eggs, vanilla, and ghee and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, and cocoa powder. Gently fold in the almond butter, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips with a spatula, careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips onto the top of the bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean without any raw batter. Remove from the oven and let the bread cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack.
- Slice the bread and serve warm.
- Storing – store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or at room temperature on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Reheating – Warm loaf slices in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and keep warming at 30 second intervals until it is warmed to your liking. To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the bread on a baking sheet and reheat for 15-20 minutes.
- Freezing – Let the banana bread cool before adding them to a zip lock bag, Stasher bag, or freezer safe container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat it, defrost the bread the night before on the counter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Paleo double chocolate banana bread, Paleo banana bread, healthy chocolate banana bread, gluten free chocolate banana bread