These Paleo Almond Butter Brownies are so fudgy, gooey, and chewy you’ll be tempted to eat them straight out of the pan. It’s the perfect healthy brownie recipe that no one will know is gluten free, grain free and dairy free.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons ghee, if you can’t tolerate ghee, use coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter, opt for the runny, drippy kind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium-large size bowl, mix together the almond flour, cacao powder, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, add the wet ingredients. Whisk the eggs, then add the vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the ghee. Add the ghee and half the chocolate chips in with the wet ingredients. Stir lightly.
- Combine wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and stir using a baking spatula. Don’t over beat the batter with a fork, or mixer (this will lead to more cake-like brownie texture).
- Stir the almond butter into the brownie mixture with the spatula.
- Pour batter into a 9×9 greased baking pan. Spread batter evenly throughout the pan so that it fills all corners. Sprinkle top of batter with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes for gooey brownies and 15-22 minutes for more well-done brownies. Let brownies cool in pan. Cut brownies into 9 squares.
- Cooking time: Bake for 15 minutes if you are want fudgy, gooey brownies with half-baked batter (from pieces in the center). Bake for 20 minutes if you are wanting more well done, fudgy, cake-like brownies.
- Testing doneness: if you are wanting more well-done brownies, stick a tooth pick or fork in the brownies. Toothpick should still come out with crumbs and a small amount of batter.
- Line 9×9 pan with parchment paper for easy clean up
- If you do not tolerate ghee, use coconut oil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 321.5 mg
- Fat: 17.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 72.6 mg
Keywords: paleo almond butter brownies, almond butter brownies recipe, dairy free gluten free brownies