Forget soggy beets in a can! These easy, sliced roasted beets have a rich and sweet taste with a caramelized candy-like texture. A tasty, but healthy side dish to any meal with just 3 ingredients!
- 6–7 whole beets (or 2 bunches of beets, I used purple and yellow)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse the beets off, and transfer them to a cutting board (be aware that the cutting board you use may become permanently stained due to the color of the beets).
- Holding the root and stem of the beet with one hand, start peeling the skin off the beets with the other hand (you can leave the skin on if you want). With a sharp knife, cut off the end of the beet (the opposite end of the root). Holding the root, start cutting slices of the beet (mine were 1/4-1/8 inch thick).
- Transfer slices to a medium-large mixing bowl, and toss with coconut oil, then sea salt. Arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet (you may need 2 baking sheets if you are using 2 bunches of beets)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slices are crisp around the edges, and fork tender.
If you choose to leave the skin on, be sure to wash and scrub beets appropriately before cutting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted sliced beets, roasted golden beets, healthy beet recipes, fresh beet recipes