This creamy garlic chicken skillet is made with tender seared chicken breast, and covered in a creamy, dairy-free garlic sauce. It’s an easy, low carb, 30 minute weeknight dinner that everyone will love. Paleo, Whole30, and Keto too!
For the chicken breast:
- 4 small-medium boneless skinless chicken breast or 2 large, halved lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee
For the creamy sauce:
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat ghee over medium heat in skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and saute’ for 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked and golden brown. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt ghee. Add the minced garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, paprika, Italian seasoning and arrowroot starch (optional) to the skillet. Whisk together. Simmer for 2-3 minutes for sauce to thicken and reduce heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet, and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with parsley. Serve hot.
- If you have thick chicken breast, cut them in half lengthwise into 4 cutlets.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo creamy garlic chicken, one pan creamy garlic chicken