This creamy cilantro lime chicken recipe combines the fresh flavors of cilantro, lime, and coconut, with the juiciness of baked chicken and veggies, perfect for warm weather! Your taste buds will think they were on a tropical island!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup coconut milk, or coconut cream
- slices veggies, chopped, like bell pepper !
- Place the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until melted. Place the chicken breasts in the hot oil and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside. Preheat your oven to 400*F.
- Place the broth, onion, cilantro, pepper flakes, garlic powder, and lime juice in the skillet with the chicken drippings. Allow to boil down until there is approximately ¼-1/8 cup of liquids left.
- Lower the heat on the skillet to low and add in the ghee and coconut milk (or cream), stir and allow to fully melt.
- Add in your veggies. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Place the broiler on high and allow the tops of the chicken and veggies to brown and bubble, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully take the hot skillet out of the oven and enjoy after allow the dish to cool slightly.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 322 mg
- Fat: 31.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 33.5 g
- Cholesterol: 322 mg