Ready to meet your new favorite weeknight dinner recipe? This Creamy Chicken Florentine Skillet is it! In addition to being dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30-approved, it’s absolutely delicious and the epitome of a healthy comfort meal.
For the chicken:
- 4 small-medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, or 2 large halved
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee, or olive oil
For the creamy sauce:
- Make the sauce by blending together the garlic cloves, coconut milk, cashews, lemon juice, and chicken broth in a blender. Blend until smooth, so that there are no cashew pieces remaining. Leave the sauce in the blender, and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Heat oil over medium heat in skillet. Sauté chicken breasts on each side for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer cooked chicken breasts to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt ghee and sauté the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in the spinach.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy, healthy, paleo, whole30, lemon, cashew cheese