This blackened chicken recipe involves 3 ingredients and just 12 minutes of prep to finished dish time. The tasty homemade blackening spice seals in the juicy flavors of the chicken for the perfect weeknight meal made in just minutes!
- 2–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 breasts if quite large, 3-4 breasts if on the smaller or thinner side
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon blackening spice
- Preheat your broiler to high broil. Heat your oil in a broil-safe oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub your blackening spice over the top and bottom of each chicken breast and place each breast in the heated skillet, flat side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place your skillet of chicken into the broiler and broil on high for 6-7 minutes, or until your chicken is completely cooked through, at least 165°F in the center of each breast.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Mix following ingredients to make home-made blackening spice mix.
- 2 tablespoon paprika, 2 tablespoon granulated garlic, 1 ½ tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon basil, ½ tablespoon oregano, 1 ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, ½ tablespoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 10