These are the best paleo chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour! This will be your new favorite healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe. Your whole family will love these cookies and won’t even know that they are refined sugar free, grain-free, gluten free, and dairy free.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, or (grass-fed butter) softened at room temperature
- 1 large egg (pasture-raised)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter, creamy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small ramekin, soften coconut oil by placing it in the microwave and set aside. In a medium-large baking bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, and date paste. Add in the creamy almond butter and cooled coconut oil and whisk again into other wet ingredients.
- In another medium bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Pour mixture into wet ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls using your hands, or a cookie scooper. Place cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are a golden brown color. Allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Tip! If chocolate chips are sticking to the dough, due to the coconut oil, mold them with your hands.
Storage: Store in an airtight container or the fridge for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: healthy, paleo, gluten free