This Stir Fry Ground Beef and Broccoli recipe is one of my favorites for busy weeknights. Made in under 20 minutes, it’s packed with a sweet sesame garlic flavor, and is a much healthier version of the classic beef and broccoli takeout. Serve it over cauliflower rice or by itself for a meal that’s fast, easy and delicious. Keto, Paleo and Whole30 too!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, about 1 medium stalk of broccoli
For the sauce:
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up chunks, until no longer pink.
- While the beef cooks, whisk together the sauce ingredients: coconut aminos, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, bone broth, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the beef is finished cooking, push it to one side of the skillet and add the garlic and onions. (Add more coconut oil here if you need to) Sauté the garlic and onions for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the sauce and broccoli to the skillet and stir to combine with the ground beef mixture. Bring the sauce to a simmer, and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes or until it’s tender, stirring occasionally. Serve hot over cauliflower rice.
- I used 2 teaspoons of ground ginger for this recipe. It’s much more concentrated than fresh ginger. If you are using fresh ginger, use 2 tablespoons.
- You can use frozen broccoli florets for this recipe. You can also substitute other veggies like bell peppers, sliced carrots, or sugar snap peas.
- If too much of the sauce has evaporated while cooking the broccoli, add in 1/4 cup of broth to the skillet.
- To cut down on cook time, prep your ingredients before starting the recipe. Chop your broccoli, onions, and mince the garlic. You can also set all the sauce ingredients out, so that they are easy to grab when needed.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: paleo, keto, whole30, ground beef broccoli