This Dairy Free White Chicken Chili is easy to make in the slow cooker. Loaded with tender chicken, hearty white beans, spicy green chiles, and coconut milk for creaminess. It’s the ultimate comfort food for a cold winter day. Top your chili with avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeños.
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or olive oil, avocado oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles
- 1/2 (13.5-ounce) can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern beans
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, jalapeños, sliced avocado, salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place ingredients in slow cooker (I used 6qt): ghee, chicken breast, bone broth, lime juice, diced green chiles, coconut milk, great northern beans, diced onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, paprika, and sea salt. Stir mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or high for 2-4 hours.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from the slow cooker and onto a plate to shred. Shred the chicken using two forks, holding a fork in each hand to pull the meat apart. Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Serve warm and top with cilantro, jalapeños, and sliced avocado
Coconut milk: Make sure to shake and stir coconut milk before pouring it into the slow cooker.
Thicker chili: use half the carton of broth (2 cups) first. If you are then wanting the chili more runny, then add more broth the second half of cooking time.
Leftovers/meal prep: store in an air tight glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat: to reheat, warm up on the stove top in a saucepan, or warm in the microwave.
Freezer chili: if you plan to freeze your chili, get it in the freezer within 3 days of it being in the fridge. If you are putting the chili in the freezer right after it’s cooked, make sure it is cooled off before transferring it to the container. Keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: Chili
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker, white chicken chili, dairy-free, crock pot white chicken chili