BBQ Pineapple and Chicken Kabobs are a simple and easy dinner option for those who love to grill! Tender chicken pieces are strung together with juicy pineapple chunks, and crisp bell peppers, zucchini pieces, and sweet onion, brushed with BBQ sauce, and then kissed on the grill to add warm smokiness!
- 4 strips of thick-cut bacon
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into 2-inch squares
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into 2-inch squares
- 1 cup paleo barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the bacon until it is halfway to fully cooked (We bake in the oven at 350*F for about 10 minutes).
- Place the chicken, bell pepper, pineapple, and onion pieces onto kabob sticks, interweaving one bacon slice in between the other pieces on each kabob stick.
- Using a basting brush, brush on the barbecue sauce and place on the grill over medium heat.
- Continuously turn the kabobs until the chicken and bacon is cooked thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes, depending on your grill.
- Sprinkle the cooked kabobs with the crushed red pepper flakes and enjoy while still warm!
- The key is to cook the bacon until it is halfway done (that way the strips are still pliable enough to ribbon through the kabobs, AND that the grease from the bacon is limited, decreasing the chance of grill flare-ups and burnt kabobs) before putting the kabobs together!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 428
- Sugar: 14.1 g
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Fat: 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg