Forget the buns! These burger bowls are loaded with ground beef, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and sweet potato fries – all served over a bed of greens and drizzled with a “special sauce”. They are so easy to make, healthy, and filling! Paleo, Whole30, and gluten free too!
for the beef:
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
for the special sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise)
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (whole30)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
for the toppings:
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- mixed greens or romaine lettuce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch fry shape, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add ground beef, minced garlic, and onion powder. Brown ground beef, breaking up chunks, until no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, prepare the special sauce by whisking together the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Assemble the burger bowls by layering the mixed greens, ground beef, tomatoes, red onions, sliced avocado, and sweet potato fries.
- Drizzle the special sauce over the burger bowl, and serve.
- To make air fryer sweet potato fries (optional)- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. Slice the sweet potatoes into a fry shape, and place in the air fryer. Toss with avocado oil, sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until fries are crisp to your liking. (You may have to work in batches, don’t overcrowd the air fryer).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: burger bowl recipe, burger salad, salad burger, paleo burger bowl