This Paleo White Chicken Chili makes for an easy weeknight dinner that’s done in just 30 minutes, and made with healthy ingredients! It’s creamy, hearty, and full of the perfect amount of tangy flavor! Make it in the Instant Pot, or slow cooker. Whole30 and dairy free too!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, or chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 16.9oz carton
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 13.5oz can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced avocados
- sliced jalapeños
- chopped fresh cilantro
- dollop of coconut cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
- grain-free tortilla chips, Siete
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the onion, garlic, sweet potato, chicken broth, diced green chiles, lime juice, coconut milk, oregano, cumin, coriander, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cilantro. Stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant pot, move the venting knob to “sealing”, and cook on “Manual” at High Pressure for 20 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let it naturally release for 10 minutes, then move the knob to “venting” to let the remaining steam out.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken breast to a plate and shred using two forks. Return the chicken back to the instant pot, and stir. Serve and garnish with favorite toppings.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the remainder of ingredients. Stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and stir. Serve with favorite toppings.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, whole30, slow cooker, dairy free