This Instant Pot BBQ pulled pork is easy to make, super juicy, and fall-apart tender. It’s perfect for feeding a crowd, meal prepping, or batch cooking. Have a healthy dinner on the table in under an hour! Paleo, Whole30, and gluten free too.
Ingredients for rub:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
Ingredients for cooking:
- In a small bowl mix together onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Season the cubed pork chunks with the rub, making sure to coat well on all sides.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Saute setting and add the avocado oil. Once it reads HOT, add half of the pork chunks and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes or once lightly browned. If pork is sticking to the bottom of the instant pot it is not ready to be flipped. Remove the pieces to a plate and repeat with the other chunks.
- Press cancel on the instant pot and add in the chicken broth. With a wooden spatula, scrape the burnt bits from the bottom of the instant pot. Add the pork chunks back into the bottom of the instant pot. Secure the lid and move the vent to sealing.
- Set on manual high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the timer is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and then move the vent to quick release.
- Using tongs, remove the meat from the instant pot and transfer to a plate or bowl to shred. Add your preferred amount of BBQ sauce and serve hot.
- Nutrition info does not include BBQ sauce
- If pork isn’t shredding easily, place it back in the Instant Pot and cook on manual high pressure for another 10-15 minutes.
- Store BBQ pulled pork in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. Make sure you include the juices as well to keep the pork from drying out when reheated.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo pulled pork, whole30 pulled pork, paleo pulled pork instant pot