This Easy Fall Harvest Kale Salad is filled with some of the best fall flavors including chopped kale, crisp fall apples, roasted brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and a sprinkle of crunchy pecans and pumpkin seeds. Paired with a simple apple cider vinaigrette with a touch of maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts in avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts onto sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft and slightly brown.
- In a large salad bowl, add kale, onion, apple, pecans, and pumpkin seed. In a mason jar or salad dressing container, combine salad dressing ingredients.
- Remove sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts from the oven and let cool. Add cooled sweet potato and brussels sprouts into the salad bowl and toss. If you plan on having left over salad see recipe notes.
- Toss salad with dressing right before serving. You may not need to use all the dressing.
Leftover salad: If you plan to have leftover salad, and you would like the sweet potato and brussel sprouts to be warm, store brussel sprouts and sweet potato in a separate container instead of combining them in the large salad bowl. Simply reheat and toss them on the next time you make the salad.
Add meat to salad: add chicken, beef, pork, fish, etc!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fall harvest, kale salad, apple cider vinaigrette, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, pecans, pumpkins seeds